Do you ever find yourself seeking new and interesting ways to improve your smile? If so, you may be missing one of the easiest tricks that lies right in front of you, which is the status and condition of your toothbrush, and tips and tricks to making it work better for your smile.
For a list of guidelines concerning tooth brushing, consider this:
– Keeping your toothbrush in a sealed container could cause bacteria, mold, and mildew to linger in those areas, which can put your brush and your oral health at risk.
– When caring for your toothbrush when not in use, keep it away from other toothbrushes, as contamination would take place if they were to touch.
– To ensure that your toothbrush will continue to serve you effectively, replace your brush every 3-4 months or as needed.
– Look for sturdy toothbrushes with soft bristles and well-proportioned brush heads that can easily and safely fit inside your mouth.
– Electric toothbrushes are very effective at brushing your teeth, especially if you struggle with muscle pains and weakness from traditional brushing.
– Never share your toothbrush with somebody else at any time, even if it has been washed.
If you think you have improper tooth brushing methods, please call our office so we can get you in to see Dr. Blaine Cusack and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Countryside, Illinois, and we can be reached at 708-482-0300. Take the time to correctly protect your teeth today!